It's Tuesday as I sit back with my cup of coffee.
When I woke up today I was going to write about exuberance but as my morning as gone on slowly like a winding river I hit a sand bar called advice.
When I tell you something or give advice it is only from my perspective. I see things happening, let them bounce around in my head and then if it sounds right and looks good, I give it a shot. Now I believe in marketing with shallow pockets. Call it shallow pocket marketing, shoestring marketing, boot strap marketing, it's all the same.
Most experts have never had to make a monthly sales goal and have long forgotten how it was to be a startup. My first desk was used as was the chair. New was not in my budget or vocabulary. My father would say if you build anything that is temporary build it expecting it to become permanent and when you buy something buy the absolute best you can afford.
I suspect if I wanted I could go out a buy into 10 different AI chatbots the experts say we all need. I really don't think most of these experts have ever run a company past 3 years or had to meet payroll in a recession. I look at hundreds of marketing ideas and tools. Most of them are very good but 9 times out of10 I go into the trenches .
7 years ago when social media marketing came along and never make another cold call again savior of sales I did a competition against one of these social media companies. We split the country down the Mississippi River. I got the east and they got the west. For 1 month we did our thing on our side of the country and after1 month:
They were getting over 500% likes on posted content, followers were up at the same level and they got 3 sales appointments and 1 sale.
My single person was given a list of companies just like there top 3 customers. At the end of the month We had 4 sales, were getting 5 appointments a week and the pipeline was filling up. Sometimes you only need to go back to what works no matter how old fashioned.
Larson & Associates
Business Marketing Services


No comments:
Post a Comment