Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stressed-Out Prospects And Customers

Is it the time of year, or the prolonged recession, squeezed cash flow?


When you make that sales call or appointment is it any wonder you find that your prospect in a rather negative mood. The overwhelming stress a business owner or anyone working is under is at an all time high.


Sadly these negative emotions cause people to make what is a bad situation even worse. Quick off the cuff decisions. Illogical buying.


If you are losing customers I have to ask YOU. Are you listening to your customers or prospects? What is their voice tone? Are they angry? Frustrated? Combative when you make a sales call be it on the phone or in person?


Enter speech analytics for helping in this area. With the use of speech analytics you can pick up on key words and tones such as a competitor’s name, a key product or service need. YOU pick up on the level of their voice the speed of their words.


As you work your sales craft be aware that there are signs that you can be picking up on, if you only listen.

Larson Notes & Satire: 85% of my companies work is telesales. All we have to go on is the art of active speech engagement. We have done the mirroring routine with clients and prospects, we have done the councilor deal, we have done the patient listen to my story time, we have been the news reporter, all in the name of getting the sale or appointment for ourselves or our client customers.


I don’t think these or other techniques we use are for want to trick people into buying from us. Heavens no, I am always looking for a win-win relationship. If what I have does not fit your need I don’t want to sell it to you. I got fired by a customer this last summer because we were not pushy enough for them. No big deal, if they did not fire me I would have fired them.


I have created what seems to be a rather unique Leads Generation Company. I get results by not being an ugly pushy telemarketer. We don’t try to sound like a telemarketing when we make calls for companies. We sound like . . . a normal person.


So if you’re stressed out and I make a sales call on you, go on and dump your bucket. Tell me stories about your kids. Tell me your pain and at the end if I can help diminish your anxiety I will ask for the sale or appointment, but only because what I have will, work!


Howard Larson
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
847-991-0488
howard@larsonassociates.ws
http://www.larsonassociates.ws/
http://larsonassociates.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/LarsonAndAssociatesFans
http://member.merchantcircle.com/larsonassociates
https://twitter.com/LarsonAssociate


P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.


P.P.S. An American Company, marketing American Companies! Call or email to get an appointment to pick my brain (a $125.00 value) for 30 minutes.

No comments: