According to a recent Gallup poll, 70% of employees don’t really care about the company they work for and with. The largest single problem is the relationship they have with their front line manager.
I started my company back in 1975. Fresh out of school. Great ideas, plenty of energy, but no idea on how to engage people. To empower people to be the best “them” they can and could be.
I did the usual things like taking classes on management and supervision but it was not till I became aware of and joined Sales Professionals Int. (free plug here) that I was introduced to the likes of Nick Carter, Hank Trisler, Brain Tracy, Tony Robbins, and others that it all started to come together for me.
1. Speak and life your vision. Be who you say you are.
2. Listen to everyone. Yes everyone. You might be surprised at how smart people can be if given a chance to speak and be heard.
3. Make sound requests. Busy work is just that. Make requests that have a meaningful consequence to your business.
4. Become a master at diagnosing and problem solving. You can’t sit back and wait for last months statistics to make decisions. That is middle managements job. Yours is to know you, your business, your people and run! Am I talking instinct here? Street smarts? Yes. Only your banker wants to see the numbers.
5. Holding everyone (including yourself) accountable for producing results. If everyone is empowered to do their job, they can be held accountable to see it is done.
Larson note: What is the biggest challenge your company is facing. Are you part of your vision? Are your eyes and ears all open, and working? Has someone been empowered to do it? In the end your numbers will be up, you will sleep at night and have time to enjoy the fruits of your labors.
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.
P.P.S. We are offering 2 free (a $75.00 value) ½ hour consultation periods per week to talk about marketing businesses. Call or email to get your spot to pick my brain for 30 minutes today.
P.P.P.S. subscribe to our newsletter "Mastering Marketing Monthly" at email@example.com