1. Keep doing the same thing.If you expect different results but keep doing the same thing over and over again you will get the same results (almost) every time. I you expect something different, forget it. If something isn't working and a lot of time has gone by, try something new.
2. Assume you know it already.Be prepared to accept some sort of failure setbacks. If you are having a problem don’t be afraid to ask for help. It is not a sign of weakness. It is not a sign of failure. Quite the opposite, it is a sign of strength. Failure is an iteration process. It is a series of successes and failure working together in harmony.
3. Fail to love those who love you.People tend to fixate on the negative. When faced dissenters trashing ideas sometimes you need to keep pushing forward.
4. Fail to add diversity.Dissention within a group is a good thing. Ask, plead, and beg for the people in your circle of advisors to tell you what they honestly don’t like about an idea, it might force you to consider your decision in a different light and in a different way.
5. Failing to get back up.This is the biggest point. You can fail, and that’s ok, but if you don't try again, you're a loser. "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again." Success many times comes with failure.
Larson Notes: How did I get to be running a, telemarketing target marketing company? Failure. I would still be doing traditional advertising had failure not loomed its ugly head. I looked (not a quick process) at what I did best. I was tenacious, thick skinned and loved hunting down new customers. I found lots of my fellow salespeople hated the hunt. Despised the rejection. Quivered at the idea of picking up the phone and taking to someone, new. So I rebuilt my company around that one idea. Hunting down new customers for salespeople.
I did it, and if I can, so can you.
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.