What will Your Business Save?
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) is set to reduce First-Class Mail prices on Sunday, April 10, 2016. : the rate change is a for the first time in nearly a century! Regardless of the type of mail or sort levels, you will realize savings of over 4%.
The reduction comes with the expiration of legislation that imposed an exigent surcharge for mailing products and services for two years. The goal was to help the USPS manage financial challenges mainly due to the recession and declining First-Class mail volumes. The 4.3% exigent surcharge is set to be reversed after the USPS collects additional funds totaling $4.6 billion. They are expected to hit this threshold by April 10, 2016.
How the Rate Reductions Stack Up
· Stamp price decreases to 47 cents
· ~4.2% decrease for all First-Class
· ~4.2% decrease for all Standard Mail
· ~4.2% decrease for all Package Services
· Retain $0.001 IMb barcode discount for BPM Flats
· Full services IMb incentives remain in place
· ~4.2% decrease for Special Services
Note: The cost of sending Certified Mail with Return Receipt will now be $6.47 (compared to $6.74) for a one ounce letter. Consider checking 2-3 day rates with your private carriers to see if they are less money. Or, switch to Electronic Return Receipt which saves $1.35 each.