Are we having fun yet? Come on this is a game you are now playing between you, your completion and Google. You can play if you have or control a web site and you can win or beat your competition at the game of web ranking.
So you ready for more. Today’s list of 10 are things you will have a little better control over. Some of the items from yesterday were sort of out of your control and I know, for all you control freaks it was driving you up a wall. Have no fear it’s not all that bad. So roll up your sleeves and take care of what you can.
11. Keyword in Title Tag: The title tag is a webpage’s second most important piece of content after the content of the page. The title sends out a strong SEO signal to all the little web spiders filtering through you site to say what you are about, at the top.
12. Title Tag Starts with Keyword: According to Moz data a title tags that starts with a keyword seems to do better than title tags with the keyword towards the end of the tag. Might seem like a small thing but each hit up (or down) can compound and snowball your site to the highest heights to oblivion.
13. Keyword in Description Tag: Another relevancy signal. Not especially important now, but still makes a difference. Really don’t listen to all those web experts who say it does not make any difference anymore. Everything counts. So things count for the good and some for the bad. Put lady luck on your side.
14. Keyword Appears in H1 Tag: H1 tags are a “second title tag” that sends another relevancy signal to Google, according to results from this correlation study http://cbutterworth.com/do-h1-tags-still-help-seo/ .
15. Keyword is Most Frequently Used Phrase in Document: Having a keyword appear more than any other likely acts as a relevancy signal. But I will warn you not to black hat yourself and spam your key word though out your text like we did in the old days of SEO. Keep those words relevant throughout your copy
16. Content Length: Content with more words can cover a wider breadth and are likely preferred to shorter superficial articles. SERPIQ found that content length correlated with SERP position. http://blog.serpiq.com/how-important-is-content-length-why-data-driven-seo-trumps-guru-opinions . Now I am a long content kind of guy so don’t listen to me but say what you got to say. Put most things in the first paragraph and let the just flow.
17. Keyword Density: Although not as important as it once was, keyword density is still something Google uses to determine the topic of a webpage. But going overboard can hurt you. Yes those days are long gone.
18. Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords in Content (LSI): Try saying that 3 times fast. LSI keywords help search engines extract meaning from words with more than one meaning (Apple the computer company vs. the fruit). The presence/absence of LSI words (probably) also acts as a content quality signal.
19. LSI Keywords in Title and Description Tags: As with webpage content, LSI keywords in page meta tags probably help Google discern between synonyms. May also act as a relevancy signal. Yes you got to work the ideas on both the front page and the back page of your site.
20. Page Loading Speed via HTML: Both Google and Bing use page loading speed as a ranking factor. Speed matters. Search engine spiders can estimate your site speed fairly accurately based on a page’s code and file size. Even if you could care less about all the little web spiders your customers and prospects sure don’t want to be waiting for your site to come up. So make if FAST.
Larson Notes & Satire: Ok the rubber hits the road today. This is stuff you can all take control of. Some things big some small but it all counts for and against you and your competition. And if you don’t care, someone else does. Don’t let them take your site ranking and get your customers because you are on page 2 or 3 of a Google search and not page 1.
And for better lead gen in telemarketing, teleprospecting and lead generation call Larson & Associates at 847-991-1294 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . One call is all it takes to start getting sales leads into your funnel.
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better