Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Telemarketing: PRE-CALL PLANNING

Telemarketing, telesales, teleprospecting, inside sales, cold calling whatever you want to call it the professional use of the phone in sales is a process, not a goofy technique or gimmick. I started pounding the phones back in the 80’s and quite successfully I might say. So well that in 1999 I made my entire company become a telemarketing company for small businesses that needed lead generation help.

So not over the next few days I am going to take you through every part of teleprospecting, telemarketing and cold call, in order, giving tips that that have worked for me so you can help yourself right now. If you choose to go down the telemarketing path of sales.




PRE-CALL PLANNING

1. What is the primary objective for this and every telemarketing call made. “What do I want them to DO as a result of this call, and what do I want to do?” Appointment, invitation to an event? Order or sale? And then, this being telemarketing have a plan B for success which I always say is “to become a person they remember as a nice guy.” I will call again so I want them to remember good things about the experience on the phone with me.

2. Prepare questions for your telesales call using your call objective(s). Ask yourself, “How can I explain to them why it is their best interest to take this action as a result of asking questions, as opposed to talking them to death?” Remember, people believe more of their ideas than yours and they will either purchase for the pleasure of gain or fear of pain

3. As for Plan B (see above) you need a secondary objective for each telephone sales call you make. You need something you’ll accomplish, at a very minimum, every time. Make it easy like picking something you’ll have a very good chance to succeed, like, “Getting them to say yes to accepting my literature and becoming their ‘Backup Vendor’ This way, you can enjoy success on every call you place, and if you do any kind of cold call volume it is so important to have a good feeling.



Larson Notes & Satire:  Telemarketing or telepropecting is not just picking up the phone and making calls. Like any sales call you need to plan it and know where you want to go and achieve.

Our Next Blog: BEFORE REACHING THE DECISION MAKER


Howard Larson
Larson & Associates
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
847-991-1294


P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.

No comments: