Friday, May 8, 2020

4 Steps To Corona Success

4 Steps To Corona

Success

As you know I have now been in business for over 45 years. Not that you care about that but what you might care about is the knowledge that 45 years gives a person. Knowledge that I am able to give and use for my clients. 
I started my company right at the tail end of the 1974-75 stagflation recession. Call it Lady Luck but timing was really on my side. 4 years of growth and  then the 1979-1982 energy crisis and super inflation. The 1991-92  Federal Reserve response downturn. The  dot-com / 911 of the early 01-02s. Great Recession of 2007-08 and now, the Great Lock down of 2020.  Enough of the history lesson.

If you have never gone through this kind of fun before sit back and fasten your seat-belt. This is where you find out what you are made of, or not. Yes right now The Impossible Might Take A Little Longer.  This is where officers eat last, like owners and C-suites having to hold paychecks or forgo a few perks they got when times were good. I can hear all the business consults out there groaning but hey, sometimes you need to do it.

So as we walk though the 4 steps together, imagine where you are in each the stages and I guarantee you are in one or all of these stages in one way shape or form. Right now they are our new reality until they are not.

4 Steps to Success Survival 
  1. Survival
  2. Restart
  3. Winning
  4. New Reality

You are or will go through these steps in one way shape or form. And you will survive, You will need o restart what you are and how you do it. You had better win and you must embrace the new reality as it pertains to you and your business
Making Good Companies Great and Great Companies Even Better

Survival

We did not ask for this to happen but its here so look it in the eye and face it. 

  • Get your house in order. Family, Faith, Health: Get these key elements on your side,they are the bedrock of your support
  • Calm your employees and Independent Contractors. These are the people who will help to lift you out of where you are now.
  • Calm your customs to assure of your survival. Without them you have no business so let them know you are going to be here for the long run
  • Calm your suppliers. You might need t to push for terms or rem,ember cash is king and if you can pre buy they might be giving some crazy discounts right now
  • Calm your creditors. Even if you might be late with a payment if they know before hand and are not blindsided you can keep your good guy status with them.

Restart

Now, yes right now you need to be marketing and selling hell out of yourself. Use me. Use my competition  Do it yourself but just do it. 
  • Clog the phone lines
  • Stuff the mail box
  • Fill the band width
  • Jam the airwaves
  • Work the Social Media world
  • Put up those billboards

If you like the way I think talk to me about the Larson Way. For Business to business marketing we know what we are doing and can get it done even if difficult times. If you are more consumer based I might not be the best marketing company for you to be using and I can either send you off to one of my friends who work the consumer world or not but do not get paralyzed into doing nothing. Nothing brings a slow death.

Winning

Go for it. Right now there are people buying things other than toilet paper. they are out there buying what you are selling. ASK FOR THE ORDER!

The economy is like a sling shot. It is building, building, building, until it lets loose and ZIP all this pent up need becomes NEED IT NOWs. This is the time to grab marketing share even if no one is buying, What am i saying? Think about it. They will buy sooner or later and if you are the only person calling on them, if you are the only one in their head, you are the one who will get the orders. 

New Normal

So sit down and take a deep breath and have a sip of coffee. The New Normal is coming. Your new is not going to be my new so work out what is going to be reality for you.

For me I got lucky back in '06 when gas in Illinois hit $3.00 Gallon and I took my company virtual I was ready for "working from home". It has allowed me to attract some of the finest talent in the country. IL, MN, TX, LA, FL, CT, NE, AZ. A new direction a new way of doing business more efficiently. Moving back into full multi-channel marketing we added direct mail and email marketing, content development, blogging and enhanced social media marketing but the thing that makes it all work, the glue to our success is still personalized prospecting by a real live person. No auto dialer. No recorded message. No bull pen. But 1 person handing your account so they get to know you, your company and can represent you.

I'm sure there are lessons I need to incorporate into my business. I am trying to think about what gives the best back to my family, my employees and independent contractors, my customers, my suppliers and yes my creditors.

I'll be happy to talk with you about your reality or I have about a dozen or so business constants who understand my way of thinking I can hook you up with with. If you are a business consultant and want to learn more about the Larson Way so I might recommend you give me a call at 847-991-1294

The Comfort Zone

So whats next for Larson & Associates? Growth? Perhaps but seriously, right now, as I type this, I don't know what that is going be. What I do know is I enjoy being the big fish in a little pond
I do know is there is no comfort right now, that is for tomorrow. There is no relaxing, that is for the day after tomorrow. 

If you have the grit, if you have the tensity, if you have the perseverance, if you have with will to succeed, this period of unrest is what you have been waiting for. It is your time to grow and become successful beyond your wildest dreams. I know because the greatest growth I ever had was during a down turn so if I can do it, why not you! And I would love to be part of helping to make you go from good to great to even greater.

As for my core company, I'm not looking to be the kind of guy everyone wants to use for their marketing and lead generation. But for the discerning person and company, the one with the hunger and the grit who wants to grow faster at or faster than 4 times the GNP, I'll sit down and have a cup of coffee. Sadly right now a virtual cup of coffee.

If you like my way, the Larson way, let's do some business and make some money.

Make Good Business Great
and Great Businesses Even Better!

No comments: