Ok let’s go to the basics here. Social Media Marketing can work in bringing in new business. I know I have a number of new accounts that I can attribute entirely to my social media sites.
But what are the top 10 reasons you might want to take a little bit of your time to putting your efforts into SM, or at least my top 10?
1. Cost EffectiveMost social media sites are free or have a free option to start with. Going in free is a good way to test the water and see if there is any action your company can take advantage of. If the site produces you can then belly up to the table and buy into more and a higher degree of exposure.
2. ReachSocial Media allows you to reach a wider audience. Consumers and companies are increasingly more reliant on technology and social media. SM gives you a way to reach out to people who would not know about your company if you did not post up a few profile pages.
3. Connection Social Media can allow you a more personal way to connect with your prospects and customer base. A traditional marketing campaign misses out on the back and forth communication your business can engage in with your target. Only telemarketing can give you that same hands on communication.
4. Timely Social Media allows you to instantly send out information to your followers. As in a good well-crafted email SM is the best non offensive way to be “in their face”.
5. FlexiblySocial Media gives you the kind of flexibility a real time promotion needs as you adapt it to needs and comments of your audience. It might seem too informal to tradition marketing or PR managers but it gets you to the very heart of your prospects needs, wants and desires
6. PromotionsSM is an excellent way to run out a promotion to see what kind of fish are biting, today! You need to get the word out and get it out fast which is why your 4 F’s (followers, friends, fans and family) as so important. SM allows you to share more faster.
7. An Easier Referral WOM or Word of Mouth advertising or marketing is made more compact through Social Media. SM makes if vastly easier for your customers to share in your information with their 4F’s as you transform your WOM a more encompassing marketing attack.
8. Increased Wed TrafficThis is fact, the more you promote your web page just on sheer weight of your postings you will get more people looking at your web page. And as we all know the more hits you get you 1, might get some sales and your site will seem more important to the Google spiders and you will get a better organic ranking.
9. BrandingAs you seek to establish who and what your company is or wants to be the messages, photos, links and videos you post on your pages build an image of your company. Think before you post and you will create a consistent tone and message about who and what your company is.
10. HiringAs you grow you will need new people joining your company. Well, maybe yes and maybe no, but this will or can put you in front of new possible associates. They will know you, understand you and want to be part of what you are doing before they even contact you about working for your company.
Larson Notes & Satire: Always go back to the basics every now and then. Basics can get you back to center so you can move forward. Yes, even I get on a target that leads to No-Wheresville. That is the time to look at what got you to where you are so you can get to where you need to be.
It takes time, it takes patience, it you don’t have either one of those SM is just a play toy. I can tell you I have gotten business off of Social Media, (yes I to track every new customer as to how I got them). So I know this works but only if you work it.
“We don’t sell lists, we find customers.”
Want to be a Blogger but can’t write?Try our ghost blog writing service!
Larson & Associates, a Division of US Telemarketing Group LLC
Target Marketing & Telesales Professionals for new account acquisition
Making good businesses great and great businesses even better
P.S. We make telesales for small business affordable by offering programs down to only 15 hours a week. Maybe you could add telesales into your marketing mix call today and find out.